Friday 13 September 2013

Early Dismissal Days:  Why??

It is one of the silliest things the school board has done.  
Make a half day PD day.  Really?  A half day?  So us moms get our littles and bigs up early , feed them breakfast, get them dressed , and pack snacks , only to have them return at noon. 
I don't 'know what is wrong with the people who have made this up.  Are you not parents?  Any of you?  This is an incredible waste of time for my typical kids.  Throw in a child with autism and you have a disaster brewing.  My son doesn't like to go to school to begin with.  So it's a power struggle from the time I wake him up.  For what?  A half day?  A few hours?  To accomplish what I wonder.
No I don't just want to keep him home. I'm sure thats what goes around in people's heads when i am venting.   No..I need my time as much as he and all of the children need their time.  I just don't get how half a day PD day benefits anyone.  
That's my vent ...done now
until next time
LP 
*not even into two full weeks of school and the kids already have a half PD day.  What a silly thing* 

No comments:

Post a Comment